JOB VACANCY MultiChoice Group Media Operations Internships in South Africa…
- The MultiChoice Group is a broad-based multinational media and entertainment group headquartered in South Africa, Dubai and Netherlands with principal operations in pay television, video entertainment, advertising and content security serving rapidly growing base of 13.5 million households. Eminent brands within the group include DSTV, GOTv, SuperSport, M-net, DSTVnow, Showmax and Europe based content security leader Irdeto. Key areas of operations are:
- Storytelling ranging from content creation, production and aggregation including the best global general entertainment, sport and eminent African content library, delivered to customers
Pay Television: direct-to-home satellite and digital terrestrial television services;
SVOD: subscription video on demand services across multiple online platforms with a focus on library and local content in developing markets, and
Advertising: providing dynamic media solutions; handling commercial airtime, on-air sponsorships, content integration, and online sales across a variety of 130+ channel brands on linear TV, VOD, social media, and digital platforms.
The group’s strength lies in its focus on local language and culture, its entrepreneurial spirit and the quality of its workforce.
- MultiChoice Group (MCG) has a successful history of identifying trends early, adapting them for the markets in which it operates and leveraging them to maximum advantage. The group generates revenues primarily through subscription model, with a growing contribution from advertising revenue. Its key objectives are to:
- Expand Pay TV, SVOD subscriber base and advertising sales.
- Focus on investment and technology.
- Maintain a local approach.
- Provide quality service.
- Attract innovative and motivated employees.Purpose of the Position
- To ensure that media coming into the content processing facility adheres to our broadcasting standard with regards to technical quality.
- To apply full technical quality assurance, identify content errors and pass or fail content that is not meeting MultiChoice’s specified technical standard.
- To collaborate across the Media Operation team and be comfortable working flexible hours.Key Performance ObjectivesTechnical acceptance of files
- Ensure media processed has all required elements to play on any platform (Linear, VOD, Showmax).
- Ensure that NON-TX reports are generated for all
- the files that are not meeting the specified technical standards.
- Ensure content adherence is aligned to Technical Broadcast Standard.
- Strictly adhere to delivery requirements and deadlines.Effective reporting on issues picked up during technical acceptance
- Perform full quality control on video, audio and metadata on arrival before importing/exporting media to/from MAM and transcoded files (VOD/Showmax) – ensuring zero errors pass through the environment.
- Communicate any issues picked up to the relevant stakeholders, within the agreed specified turn-around period.
- Ensure effective communication, while monitoring for content delivery inconsistencies.
- Ensure end of shift report is done as prescribed, by the SOP.Milestone tracking
- Track and update milestones on every title, depending on the tracking platform.
- Ensure that keyframes are available on MAM & TX Ready files are available.
- Updated accepted and failed milestone tracking on each and every asset.
- Actively participate on process improvement initiatives.Qualifications
- Certificate in Broadcasting/Media Studies/ Video Editing/ Video Production/ Sound Engineering/Film Studies/ Subtitling.Experience
- A minimum of 0-1 year of experience in broadcast or similar position.
- An understanding of different digital video and audio formats will be advantageous.
- Computer literacy.Technical Competencies
- Content Monitoring.
- Professional interaction with Clients and Customers.
- Adhering to the escalation management process.
- Must be dedicated and professional.
- Must be self-motivated and have a creative spirit.
- Clear reporting.Behavioral Competencies
- Attention to details.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Quality driven.
- Interpersonal support.
- Time Management.
- Ability to learn.
- Analytical thinking.How to Apply
- For more information and job application details, see; MultiChoice Group Media Operations Internships in South Africa