The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: PA to Defence Adviser / Clerical Assistant to Defence Section A2
Job ID: 08/22 ABJ
Grade: A2 (L)
Job Subcategory: MOD (Ministry of Defence)
Working hours per week: 38 hours
Start Date: 23rd May 2022
Type of Post: British High Commission
Type of Position: Permanent
Job Category: Other British Government Departments (Partners across Government, including UK Visas)
Main Purpose of Job:
- PA to the Defence Adviser and Defence Section Administration Support.
Roles and Responsibilities
What will the job holder be expected to achieve?:
- Act as Defence Section Clerical Assistant, responsible for the direct administration support to the Defence Section.
- Arranging travel for Defence Section.
- General administration including filing, reproducing and dispatch of documents, library and stationery supplies.
- DA and Section Diary management, room bookings and transport bookings.
- Assisting the ADA (Assistant to the Defence Attaché) with events and official VIP visits.
- Day to day procurement of required local purchases for the Defence Section as requested.
- Stand in and manage the office on behalf of the ADA in his absence
- Supervise Defence Section Drivers and maintain of vehicle log book registers and monthly fuel usage.
- Maintain leave register for local employed staff and submit leave for Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office accounting system input on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for maintaining the Defence Section Team Site and electronic records.
Secondary / Occasional Duties:
- Administrative tasks as required and directed by the ADA.
- Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
- Defence Section Drivers and a float of Cash Account
Essential Qualifications, Skills And Experience
- Detail orientated, able to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Team player, mature, self-motivated, able to work independently.
- Strong administrative experience; Information Technology Literate is a must.
- The incumbent should be prepared to help wherever required on a variety of different topics even if this falls outside the strict job specification. Reliability, initiative and a high degree of responsibility and security are essential.
- As a representative of a small Other Government Departments in the High Commission, an ability to get on with others departments is necessary, good communication and inter-personal skills are essential.
- Dealing with VIPs
Desirable Qualifications, Skills And Experience:
- Knowledge of basic Accounting
- Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Other benefits and conditions of employment:
- Learning and development opportunities (and any specific training courses to be completed)
- Opportunity to enrol and study on recommended FCDO training that will be available at post after the probation period.
- Monday – Thursday 8:00 – 1700, Friday 8:00 – 14:00
- Physical presence in the High Commission is paramount but can be managed and discussed with the Line Manager.
- Ability to be flexible with working weekends and at times outside of normal working hours is required.
NGN 431,507.86 Monthly.
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
PA to Defence Adviser / Clerical Assistant to Defence Section A2 at the British High Commission (BHC)
british high commission bhc location abuja joined 1 year ago, job vacancy at british high commission, entry clearance officer british high commission, who is the british high commissioner to nigeria, driver job at british high commission, high commission jobs, british job vacancies, fcdo careers,
Do you know you can make money with your mobile Phone?
By just reading news, commenting, posting, etc. on this site?
Hit the Whatsapp button below to get started.