United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Job Type: Permanent
- To manage the procurement of the bank items / stocks and ensure quality and prompt delivery of items.
- Ensure all fixed assets and non-fixed asset request are processed using accredited vendors of the bank.
- Ensure quality and delivery of resources within TAT.
- Ensure all requests are duly approved in line with the empowerment policy of the bank.
- Seek reliable vendors that can provides quality goods and services at reasonable prices.
- Ensure all purchases are within the budget thereby achieving cost savings.
- Adhere to quality procedures and standards and oversee purchasing administration such that all the bank’s policies and standards are upheld.
- Ensure a comprehensive system for allocating and reconciling purchase orders
- Compile accurate stock records, and maintain proper records of requisition and replenishment transactions.
- Maintain good working relationship with suppliers and vendors.
- Regular price revalidation and negotiation is carried out to ensure up to date pricing.
- An updated price schedule for various resources bought by the bank is maintained.
- Initiate the payment process after physical confirmation of the delivery of procured resources by vendors.
- Invite internal control to physically inspect procured items that have been delivered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field.
- 2 – 3 years related experience.
- Our ideal candidate must have knowledge of procurement and stock keeping.
- Must be analytical, pay attention to details, have good vendor relationship and management skill.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Banking Operations, Policies and Procedures
- Expense Empowerment Policy
- Vendor Relationship Management
- Stock keeping techniques
- Interpersonal and Communication skills
- IT & Computer Appreciation
- Analytical skill
- Numerical Ability
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
30th March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Procurement Officer at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
uba bank, united bank for africa lagos, uba whatsapp number, uba live chat, how many branches does uba have in nigeria, who is the owner of uba bank, uba mobile banking, united bank of africa email address,
Do you know you can make money with your mobile Phone?
By just reading news, commenting, posting, etc. on this site?
Hit the Whatsapp button below to get started.