Technical Advisor – Programs at Survive Fistula Healthcare Foundation…
Survive Fistula Healthcare Foundation (SFHF) is a non-governmental organization created to support the Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) rights and needs of women, girls, and families with a special focus on Fistula Prevention, Mobilization, Treatment, Rehabilitation, and Reintegration
Technical Advisor – Programs
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 5 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
Survive Fistula Healthcare Foundation (SFHF) is a non-governmental organization created to support the Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) rights and needs of women, girls and families with special focus on Fistula Prevention, Mobilization, Treatment, Rehabilitation and Reintegration.
The Comprehensive and Inclusive Women’s Health Project in Nigeria is a three-year project that is being funded by Australian Government’s Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade through CBM Australia, and implemented by the Survive Fistula Healthcare Foundation (SFHF). This project is a scale-up of the pilot that was conducted from January-December 2019. The CIWHIN Project commenced in January 2020 and is expected to come to an end in December 2022.
The Role of the TA-Programs
The Technical Advisor – Programs will offer technical support to the Project Manager in leading the design, planning and implementation of all CIWHIN project related activities. The candidate will provide overall guidance for the planning, coordination and implementation of program activities under the 3 thematic areas of Survive Fistula Healthcare Foundation (SFHF) development interventions: Social Behavioral Change Communication (SBCC), Safe Motherhood Strategy (SMS) and Comprehensive Fistula Care (CFC) in accordance with project design, SFHF standards and donor requirements.
The Technical Advisor-Programs, under the supervision of the Executive Director/CIWHIN Project Manager, is a member of the Project Management Team that will ensure the successful delivery and close-out of the CIWHIN Project. The position can be available on a part-time (40-60% FTE) basis for exceptional candidates.
The Technical Advisor- Programs will provide:
Programs Leadership and Advisory
- Develop and improve on technical documents for the CIWHIN Project or for the organization, including ensuring clean narrative reports that meet pre-set standards.
- Design, manage and oversee the quality and timely delivery of disability-inclusive Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights programs for the organization.
- Organize the recruitment, selection, hiring and orientation of national staff members, on an as-needed basis.
- Assist in the development of project strategy, operational work plans and reports for a disability inclusive SRH program on SBCC, Safe Motherhood Strategy (SMS) and Comprehensive Fistula Care (CFC) program activities in line with donor requirements.
- Lead the successful implementation and monitoring of the Project strategy in close coordination with respective donor organizations, the Ministry of Health, other in-country counterparts, project staff, partners, and other key stakeholders
- Coordinate advocacy to relevant government and development partners for smooth implementation of project activities
- Provide technical assistance to the program officers on implementation of program activities in all the thematic areas including SBC, Safe Motherhood and Comprehensive Fistula Care.
- Identify and provide guidance to community-based organizations and structures in focal state such as ward development committees, health educators, religious and community leaders, men and women groups to lead community awareness-raising about prevention and treatment of obstetric fistula.
- Coordinate and facilitate training/capacity building activities for community-based groups and healthcare providers in relation to program activities on disability inclusive Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH).
- Facilitate immediate and long-range social and community mobilization activities related to reproductive health, maternal and child health, and obstetric fistula at multiple levels, including individual households, local leadership, grassroots organizations, local, state and national government
- Provide technical support in the development of relevant SBCC, SMS and CFC materials for use in awareness raising, capacity building and health promotion.
Project Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- With collaborating partners, review their existing approaches and management information systems and agree on any required changes, support and resources.
- Provide oversight technical role in all SFHF programs to ensure that monitoring and evaluation activities are appropriate and meet the donor and project’s M&E needs and requirements.
- Develop and improve existing framework for project M&E; including the mid-term project review, impact assessment, and final evaluation.
- Develop project Performance Monitoring Plan with relevant data collection systems.
- Coordinate the development of smart project quarterly and annual activity reports in line with the demands of the donors.
- Support with business development work for the Organization, including but not limited to flagging new funding opportunities, assist in the preparations proposals and concept notes etc.
- Assist in the preparation of needs assessments, concept papers and proposals aimed at mobilizing resources for current and future project interventions.
- Develop and maintain contacts with prospective implementation and funding partners.
- Perform other tasks as maybe assigned.
Qualifications/Skills and Abilities:
- Master’s Degree in Health sciences, Public Health, MBBS or other related advanced degree relevant to the field of SRH/FP (essential).
- Workshop facilitation/capacity strengthening skills (essential)
- Minimum 5 years working experience in donor-funded programs. (essential)
- Knowledge of research, evaluation and accountability, especially with experience of monitoring health programs (essential)
- 2 years senior level programmatic and technical management experience (desired)
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills working with large, complex programs addressing a variety of social and health issues, particularly pertaining to reproductive health and family planning in developing countries
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of reproductive health and/or maternal health and experience in the design and implementation of such programs
- A proven leader, manager, and mentor, with excellent interpersonal skills, capable of directing and managing change, and inspiring teamwork and high-performing teams
- Experience with report writing
- Demonstrated ability to work collegially with community groups, other technical staff, experts, and with counterparts from the public, private and NGO sectors.
- Computer skills with MS Word and MS Excel essential. Familiarity with software such as DHIS, SPSS, Stata, MS Access, an advantage
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and to deal with individuals from various socio economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English language.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication, teamwork skills.
- Ability to work proactively, organize and manage own work
Method of Application
Applicants should send their recent CVs and Cover Letters, including salary expectations to: SFHFjobs@outlook.com
- Only applications submitted via e-mail will be evaluated
- Applications will be reviewed on rolling basis and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- SFHF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates who meet the minimum requirements are encouraged to apply.
Technical Advisor – Programs at Survive Fistula Healthcare Foundation
fistula foundation nigeria, fistula foundation staff, obstetric fistula, vvf in nigeria, national obstetric fistula centre ningi, adhd, fistula in nigeria, fistula foundation jobs,
Do you know you can make money with your mobile Phone?
By just reading news, commenting, posting, etc. on this site?
Hit the Whatsapp button below to get started.