Project Driver at Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE)…
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE) is a Nigerian Non Governmental Organization (NGO). WEWE’s goal is to empower communities to access health care, safe water, good nutrition, micro credits for income generating activities and education. WEWE is governed by a board of trustees.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification Secondary School (SSCE)
- Experience 2 years
- Location Ebonyi
- Job Field Driving
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Drive project vehicle for official duties or as requested by management.
- Ensure timely conveyance of staff for official duties as instructed by supervisor.
- Ensure punctuality and safe driving practices are adhered to according to WEWE and state2state standards and regulations to both staff and guests.
- Ensure that project vehicles are strictly used for official duties.
- Ensure you do not pick up any non-staff on the road irrespective of your relationship.
- Ensure you do not pick staff for personal outings.
- Ensure staff obtain approval from administration before vehicle is taken out, this means signing of vehicle movement slip.
- Ensure that the project vehicle is always cleaned and maintained
- Work with the mechanic to ensure that project vehicle is serviced as at when due.
- Ensure that seat belt is used by all in the vehicle before commencement of trips.
- Ensure that you do not consume alcohol while on duty or shortly before duty.
- Ensure that you do not make phone calls while driving, alternatively, drivers should use hands-free or blue tooth to answer calls.
- Ensure that you leave your phone on always.
- Ensure that you get sufficient sleep/rest following field or other project trips.
- Assist admin in picking up official documents from courier services.
- Assist admin in project vehicle paper renewal.
- Ensure project vehicles are re-fuelled after 75% is utilized.
- Do not empty the tank before re-fuelling
- Ensure pre and post fuel check every day
- Ensure fuel purchase ticket is properly filled and signed
- Ensure vehicle log book is signed
- Ensure project vehicles are functional by servicing regularly to avoid engine break down and ensure vehicle is kept secure, clean, tidy and in good working condition at all times.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A minimum of WAEC / SSCE is required
- Trade Test in Driving & Mechanic (Federal Mininstry of Labour & Productivity)
- Highway code and other trainings attended
- Valid Driver’s License/Competence Technical Certificate
- Minimum of 2 years cognitive experience.
- Good knowledge of computer skills.
- Ability to understand and follow road safety, security procedures and road signs
- Applicants must be based in Ebonyi State
- Applicants must be familiar with Ebonyi State environment.
Method of Application
- Interested and qualified applicants should send their comprehensive curriculum and cover letter in only one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional references.
- Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.
Interested and qualified? Go to Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE) on weweng.org to apply
Note: Get your CV ready for 2022. Order our 100% professional CV Service.
Project Driver at Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE)
widows and orphans empowerment organization (wewe), organizations that help widows and orphans, ngo for widows in nigeria, widows association in nigeria, widows organization, organizations that help orphans in nigeria, handmaid orphanages ngo for widows port harcourt, ngo for widows in lagos,