This company is looking to recruit qualified applicants for Senior Health Advisor role
Senior Health Advisor
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 7 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare , NGO/Non-Profit
Canada’s Field Support Services Project (FSSP) seeks to hire a Technical Specialist as Senior Health Advisor to provide expert analysis and advice to Global Affairs Canada (GAC) on a broad range of health issues, trends, and practices in support of GAC’s Development Program in Nigeria. GAC’s international development mission is to lead Canada’s international effort in poverty alleviation and humanitarian assistance in line with Canada’s new Feminist International Assistance Policy.
Scope of Work
This consultancy involves delivery of services in the following areas:
- Health system strengthening at national and sub-national levels with a focus on primary health care/universal health coverage.
- Reducing the burden of disease contributing to child illness and death.
- Other public health assignments, as required.
Description of Activities
The following provides a range of potential activities, whose identification, planning and timelines will be validated through a regularly updated work plan:
- Provide technical reviews of relevant project documents and provide recommendations to strengthen project delivery and results.
- Review, analyse and provide technical comments and recommendations on government policies, reports, strategies, as well as from other health stakeholders in Nigeria, such as GAVI the Global Fund, Global Financing Facility, Global Polio Eradication Initiative, and other Canadian multilateral health partnerships.
- Provide, as needed, media monitoring, analytical papers, think pieces, recommendations and/or technical briefs on a range of health issues, as well as related documents (e.g., policies, strategies, legislation, action plans, budgets and expenditure plans, performance frameworks, evaluations, and assessments, etc.) from a wide range of stakeholders.
- Review project documents, reports, and evaluations, providing comments and recommendations as well as developing input for project-related meetings.
- Support GAC’s engagement with key stakeholders (including government officials, implementing partners, etc.) as well as donor coordination efforts, including participation in technical working groups.
- Make periodic project site visits to gain a better understanding of objectives, challenges, and results.
This assignment is expected to start in April 2022, with a level of work of approximately 120 days over a period of one year, subject to review should workload increase. This position is open to all nationals with permit to work in Nigeria. The successful consultant can be based in any major city in Nigeria (preferably Abuja or Lagos).
Candidates must demonstrate in their CV and cover letter how they meet the following requirements:
Post-graduate degree from an accredited, recognized institution in a relevant discipline such as public health, global health, women’s health, sociology, international development, or another related field.
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant international development experience in the health sector.
- Demonstrated experience of 5 years or more, advising senior decision makers in donor agencies, government or civil society organizations or the private sector, including drafting briefing notes, analyzing policies, and preparing reports (Samples of work to be supplied upon request).
- Experience with donor funding and donor approaches in the health sector, preferably for the Government of Canada.
- Experience in the following thematic/sectoral subject matters: Health policy development/analysis, health systems strengthening (particularly health financing and human resources for health), and women’s health.
- Nigeria’s health system at federal, state and local government level including knowledge of Nigeria’s health strategies, plans and flagship programs.
- Approaches to achieving universal health coverage in Nigeria or in Africa more broadly.
- Social/gender norms and behavior change in the context of health interventions.
- Knowledge and application of the wider determinants of health, particularly gender.
- Monitoring and evaluation techniques.
- Knowledge and understanding of the global health context/international health architecture.
- Global partnerships for health including Gavi, GFF, GPEI and GFATM.
- Global Affairs Canada policies, programs and initiatives, particularly as they relate to gender equality and reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health.
Skills and Abilities
Excellent skills in written and verbal communication, presentation and facilitation, and time management and delivery of finalized reports/deliverables by deadline. Working knowledge of Hausa and other local language skills is an asset.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email.
Senior Health Advisor at a Non-Governmental Organization
non governmental organization list, non governmental organization in the philippines, non governmental organizations examples, role of non governmental organizations pdf, types of ngos, international non governmental organizations examples, international non governmental organizations pdf, role of non governmental organizations ppt,