Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Urban Humanitarian Specialist – Ukraine Refugee Crisis Response
Type of Role:
- The position is a new role within Plan International, with direct line management by the newly established Ukraine Response Hub and with an indirect reporting line to the Urban Hub Manager.
- The role is for an initial 12 month’s contract with possibility of extension.
- The focus of this role is to provide support and guidance to our Ukraine Crisis programming and influencing work, ensuring that we integrate best urban humanitarian practice into our response design and delivery, and documenting key learning for dissemination in the wider humanitarian sector.
- The role will play a pivotal part in providing technical expertise, capacity building and skills sharing for local and national partners and Plan International staff.
- The post holder is responsible for developing and implementing an urban humanitarian programming framework for Plan International’s core technical areas – child protection, education, and cash-voucher assistance.
- The post holder will have a dotted line management to Plan International’s Urban Hub which is a joint global initiative by Plan International Denmark and Australia launched in August 2020.
- The Urban Hub is managed by an Urban Hub Manager based in Denmark, an Urban Hub Coordinator based in Australia, an Urban Research Manager based in United Kingdom, and supported by a global Steering Group.
- The purpose of the Urban Hub is to coordinate the sharing and expansion of knowledge and good practice, across programming, interventions and influencing activities in urban contexts. As part of its mandate, the Urban Hub is working in close collaboration with Plan International’s Global Hub – Humanitarian Department, where an area of significant concern and interest is developing and scaling up humanitarian expertise from an urban perspective. Recognising the urban nature of the current crisis in Ukraine and the neighbouring countries, this position will support Plan International and its partners design and implement appropriate urban response programming, building on sectoral best practice.
- The post holder will support the professional development of partner organisations’ humanitarian skills and ways of working.
- The post holder will represent Plan International in national and international humanitarian networks and fora, and will seek to influence current policy and practice, ensuring a strong gender equity lens is brought into all aspects of our work.
- Plan International will be the NGO partner of choice for promoting equality for girls and protecting children’s rights by working across the humanitarian-development-peace (HDP) nexus – a holistic blend of development and humanitarian interventions – through principled and locally led humanitarian action.
- The new Global Strategy for Plan International highlights the importance of scaling up our humanitarian work.
- This position will be a key part of ensuring we meet the objectives of the updated strategy.
- Demonstrable experience of urban programme design and implementation in humanitarian contexts
- Significant experience in working in humanitarian crises, in several different contexts, including complex conflict settings
- Extensive experience of working on refugee and IDP programming
- Extensive experience of networking and external representation with UN, Peer Agencies, Institutional Donors, Civil Society Organisations, Government Ministries and Departments
- Strong experience of gender equity and its inclusion into humanitarian programming.
- Proven experience of using the Core Humanitarian Standard in programme design, implementation, and M&E.
- Conversant with the international humanitarian architecture, particularly related to coordination and funding. Demonstrated prior experience of engaging with the humanitarian coordination system at local, regional, and global levels.
- Experience of designing and delivering training for specialist and non-specialist staff.
- Able to work calmly under extreme pressure and at unpredictable hours during emergency response.
- Able to use Microsoft packages.
- Language skills (ideally Ukrainian, Polish, Romanian, or Moldovan) as well as English.
- Proven experience of youth focussed programme design and implementation.
- Experience in humanitarian response in Europe, and/or cross-border programming.
- Experience of working in at least one of Plan Internationals core programme areas in humanitarian response (Child protection in Emergencies, Education in Emergencies, Cash & Voucher Assistance)
Application Closing Date
17th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location: Flexible where Plan International has a legal entity and you have the pre-existing right to work. Some travel to Poland, Moldova and/or Romania will be required.
Urban Humanitarian Specialist – Ukraine Refugee Crisis Response at Plan International
plan international nigeria, plan international jobs, plan international enumerator, plan international volunteer, plan international salary, plan international login, plan international scandal, plan international jobs in maiduguri,