If you need a student visa in France, it is determined by whether you are an EU citizen. You do not need a French student visa if you are an EU national or a national of the EEA, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, or Liechtenstein.
But, all you will need to study legally in France is a valid passport or a different form of travel ID.
Also, if you are a foreign national from anywhere in the world, you will need to get a student visa to France to study. This post would serve as guidance for you if you are interested in obtaining a student visa in France and wondering how you can get it.
Types of Student Visa in France
There are various types of French student visas, and the one you need will depend on the time duration you intend to study in France.
- Short stay student visa in France if your studies will last less than three months and you are certain you will not be staying in the country any longer. The Schengen student visa is free to get and cannot be renewed.
- Visa for taking entrance exams can be applied for if you need to travel to France to take one or more university entrance exams.
- Visa for Temporary Long-Term Stay is a six-month temporary student visa that allows you to study in France. Moreover, you do not need to apply for a residence permit separately with this student visa for France.
- A long-term visa is also known as the visa de long séjour pour études or the extended-stay VLT-TS is required if you plan to study in France for more than six months. This visa serves as a residence permit and is valid for the duration of your program typically three years for a bachelor’s degree, two years for a master’s program, and four years for a Ph.D. However, Algerian nationals do not need the VLS-TS, but they are subject to different rules. For more information, contact your institution or the French consulate/embassy in your home country.
The Work of Student Visa in France
This visa is an entry permit to France granted to third-country nationals who want to enter and stay in any of the member states for short periods to study. The student visa in France allows the holder to stay in the country for a minimum of three months. But if your study or training course lasts longer than that, apply for a Long-Stay Study Visa at the respective country’s embassy.
In addition, only third-country nationals who have not signed a visa-free agreement with Schengen Area member states require a Student Schengen Visa. You must also submit your Student Schengen Visa Application to the Embassy / Consulate / VAC of your primary Schengen destination in your country.
Requirements for Student Visa in France are:
- Two visa application forms must be completed in their entirety, with correct and honest answers. Print it and sign it at the end.
- Two identical photographs need to be taken within the last three months.
- A current passport issued within the last ten years, with a validity period of at least three months after the end of the planned journey.
- You need a copy of the biometric data on the passport to apply for a student visa in France.
- Prior passports. With a rubber band, to hold them together. Please do not staple them!
- A proof of residency that you are a citizen or resident of that country.
- A round-trip reservation or travel plan specifying the dates and flight numbers for entering and leaving the Schengen area.
- Medical travel insurance to confirm you have insurance for the entire Schengen territory for the duration of your stay, with coverage of €30,000 for emergency medical situations.
- An Invitation Letter to confirm their willingness to host you in their home for the duration of your stay.
- An acceptance letter from an EU University/College/School like a recent, official, and signed letter stating your name/study type/length of studies/participation in a European program, if applicable/number of hours per week.
Furthermore, Nationals of a variety of countries will apply for a French student visa through Campus France, the country’s official national agency for higher education and international students. Those recipients would have also been required to use Campus France to apply to their preferred French institutions using the CEF procedure.
How to Apply for Student Visa in France In 2022
How to Apply for Student Visa in France 2022, france student visa requirements for nigeria, long-stay student visa france, french student visa checklist, france student visa financial requirements, student visa for france from uk, france student visa success rate, french student visa processing time, student visa france covid,
Do you know you can make money with your mobile Phone?
By just reading news, commenting, posting, etc. on this site?
Hit the Whatsapp button below to get started.