Canada visitor visa is a temporary resident visa issued to foreigners who want to visit Canada for tourism purposes or to visit family members.
A Canada tourist visa allows its holders to visit Canada for a short period of time. To get a Canada tourist visa, you need to apply for a temporary resident visa. Here you will learn how to apply for Canada visitor visa.
Apply for visitor visa to Canada
A Canada visitor visa allows you to visit Canada temporarily for:
- Tourism or holidays in Canada
- Family visit
There are two types of visitor visa for Canada:
- Single entry visa: This type of visa is granted for a period of up to 6 months.
- Multiple-entry visa: A multiple-entry visitor visa is granted for up to 10 years.
Before you apply for a visitor visa, you need to keep the following points in mind:
- You must be eligible to travel Canada
- Get the documents you need for a tourist visa
- Give your biometric information (fingerprints and photo)
Canada tourist visa eligibility criteria
- Age of the applicant should be at least 18 years.
- Have a valid government issued passport with at least one blank page.
- Need to provide a clean criminal history supported by court documents.
- Should have sufficient visa application fees, processing fees and funds to support Canada trip.
- You need to go through a medical examination if required by the Canadian Consulate.
- You will have to prove that you will return to India once your visit is over.
- Also prove that you don’t plan to work or study in Canada.
Canada tourist visa requirements
- Canada tourist visa application form.
- Bank or financial statements to prove you have sufficient funds for a trip to Canada.
- A travel itinerary if you have already booked flight tickets or description of your travel plan in Canada.
- Proof of relationship and a Canada visa letter of invitation from your family or friend if you are one a family visit visa.
- The immigration status of your family or friends if you are visiting them.
- Write a declaration letter to the Government of Canada to explain why you need a tourist visa.
- Two photos meeting the Canada photo requirements.
- Documents for your employment or education status, like diplomas, letter from your employer that shows you will return to your home country.
- You have to prove you will stay in Canada temporarily and return to India once your visit is over, such as a property, lease, deed and so on.
- Proof that you have no plan to work or study in Canada.
How to apply for Canada tourist visa
Following are steps to apply for Canada visitor visa:
Step 1: Check if you’re eligible to visit Canada by submitting evidence.
Step 2: Get the required documents to prove you meet Canada visitor visa eligibility criteria.
Step 3: Apply for a Canada visitor visa online in three steps:
- Visit the official website of the IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada).
- Choose ‘Immigration and Citizenship’ from the ‘Menu’
- To apply for a visitor visa, fill out an application under the category “Visit.”
- Press “Apply for a Visitor Visa” and select “How to apply.”
- Choose the purpose of your visit to Canada.
- For example, if you want to get a Canada visitor visa to meet your family member, tick the appropriate option and follow the instructions.
- Click on ‘Sign up and apply button’ to create an IRCC Portal account and apply for a Canada visitor visa online.
- Choose the visa option you would like to apply for.
- Key in your email address and create an IRCC portal account.
- Type your personal details like invite code, first and last name, telephone number, etc. to sign up for IRCC portal.
- Fill out the Canada tourist visa application form.
- Upload your documents.
- Pay Canada visa application fees.
- Give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics).
- The Canada Embassy/ Consulate will check your application.
- If the application is approved, you will have to submit your passport.
- Send your passport and follow the instructions shared by IRCC.
- Collect your documents and get ready to visit Canada.
Apply for Canada Visa at Visa Application Center
- After completing the steps mentioned above for an online Canada visitor visa application, select the ‘on paper’ method of application in the drop down menu instead of an ‘online’ mode.
- Make a list of all documents which you will have to submit with your visa application and make them ready.
- Download the application and fill out a visa application form to apply for a visa. Get a print and sign it.
- Schedule an appointment at a Visa Application Center (VAC) to apply for a visitor visa and make the payment of visa expenses.
- After receiving an invitation, attending an interview.
- If approved, you will receive a Canada visa.
Steps on how to apply for Canada Visitor visa from India
tourist visa for canada from india open or not, canada visitor visa application form, canada visitor visa: latest news, canada tourist visa 10 years, canada tourist visa checklist pdf, canada visitor visa checklist, visitor visa canada for parents, can i apply for canada visa from usa as a visitor,
Do you know you can make money with your mobile Phone?
By just reading news, commenting, posting, etc. on this site?
Hit the Whatsapp button below to get started.